Thursday, September 23, 2010

About This Blog

I have a friend who frequently refers to his wife as "THE Woman of Faith."  I love that.  I am so impressed with the confidence he places in her to be the woman that he and their children need her to be to call down the powers of heaven in their home and in their relationships.  And she lives up to the confidence he has placed in her.

She may not be THE only Woman of Faith in the world.  But, to him, for their family and their life together, she may as well be.  I've thought a lot about that over the years as I have watched them and learned from their example.  They embody so much of what I want for myself, for my relationships, for my home and family.

So - I grabbed this blog title a while ago and had every intention of using it to explore my faith in God and in His plan (both for the world and for me).  And then some things happened over the past couple of weeks - powerful, miraculous, heart-changing things.  And I felt like some of them were too sacred to share with the world.  So, I wrote them in my journal and called it good, thinking I might never be completely comfortable being THE Woman of Faith for anyone other than those in my life, certainly not out on the internet for the world to see.

But then, last night, after a powerful experience with one of my students (that I wrote about here), I had a couple of students ask me for my notes.  Well, actually they asked me for my PowerPoint presentation.  (I have students ask me for my slide decks almost every week.)  But I'm not into sharing that with them for several reasons.  So, I decided to use this blog to post my lesson prep notes.  That way my students can have access to some of my thoughts if they want them.  Some weeks they may be long and some weeks they will be short.  I'll try to include links to the talks and scriptures that I used to prepare each lesson.  But, that might not always be consistent either.  I'll do the best I can.

And I invite you - whether you are a student of mine or not - to leave your thoughts and impressions, to ask questions, and start dialogue.  Because even though I have been teaching religious education classes for over twelve years now, I am constantly searching for ways to increase my faith in Jesus Christ.  And I really believe that where two or more are gathered in His name (even if it is virtually) He is in the midst of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment